Friday, July 8, 2016

My new doll; Laura Ingalls!


Last evening when I was preparing supper there was a knock on the door.
This was around 5 pm so it was unusual.
I was expecting a package today, so I wondered if it had arrived early.
Yep, it had!
Fedex had left a large box on the front porch.
I'm supposed to sign, but I rarely ever do.
It was from The Queen's Treasures, a wonderful new doll company in PA, USA.
Recently they began shipping to Canada, oh joy!
Their products are very well made, and they offer items you won't find anywhere else.



Here is adorable Laura Ingalls. I'm a great fan of the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
I've read them at least ten times! So when I heard that at last, a Laura doll had been licensed by the Queen's Treasures, I pre-ordered her in the spring for only $75 US. (regular price $99 US)
That is way cheaper than $160 for an American Girl doll.
She was well packaged in 3 boxes, and her own box is so cute, looking like a log cabin.
I will definitely be keeping it.
She is wearing a white nightdress and night cap, but no panties.
My Dad said I'd have to sew bloomers for her, and he giggled.
I took Laura over to my parent's house last night, and let my Dad feel her. (he's blind now)
My Mom thought she was the cutest doll she had ever seen, next to my original Chatty Cathy doll which she had given me in 1964! That's high praise from my Mom.
Laura has her own little rag doll, Charlotte.
She has bare feet, and a darling quilt and pillow.
I'll have to take better photos later.
I'm very pleased with her.

By Loretta Houben 


No comments: