Sunday, February 5, 2017

Asian dolls....


During today's blizzard, in which we couldn't get out of our garage to go to church (wheels spun on ice) I cleared off a space on top of my fabric cabinet, to set up two dolls.
The one on the left is my recent Newberry doll which I've named Victoria. The other is a doll from the Disney store; I bought her a few years ago and she has much smaller eyes than the ones which are available now. I like her better.
You will notice a Valentine (from Build a Bear store) and a cute rooster which actually crows when you press his stomach. (from Walmart) It's the Year of the Rooster for 2017. My Mom was born in 1933, and my MIL Ruth was born in 1921; both rooster gals.


Recently I visited Yokoyaya, a Japanese dollar store downtown, and I bought the tiny Japanese dolls, 3 for $2.00. Most of the items are $2 each. It's a fun store to visit! I usually go once every 2 months. 
I think Grace needs a new dress....

By Loretta Houben

2 comments:

Angela said...

I have the Disney Animator Mulan doll as well! In fact, I have many of these dolls as I think their expressions are so adorable. I find all of mine second hand, and most of the time they are naked, so now I have quite the pile of naked dollies to dress! I do really love Asian dolls, and have several in my home (some belong to my daughter, like the wonderful baby doll she got for Christmas this year from Paradise Galleries). I'm now thinking that maybe I should do a post about them, too!

Loretta said...

Hi Angela; that's so neat! I love Asian dolls. I have a few smaller ones and I think I'll round them up and take a photo. Mulan is just too cute. She was neglected in my closet for a while. I love her outfit. Thanks for dropping by and reading my little blog. I love comments!