Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Jenna, my Maplelea doll which I won in 2009!


Do you like to enter contests? I sure do!
In November of 2009 I entered a contest at Urban Moms (no longer in existence). I submitted a paragraph of why I enjoyed being a Canadian. A few weeks later, Jen, the author of the site, emailed and said I'd been one of five winners! I had my choice of a Maplelea Canadian doll!




I picked Jenna, because she has red hair and green eyes and is from Nova Scotia. She has an Anne of Green Gables outfit which I plan to purchase really soon.


Jenna arrived on December 16, 2009.
She came in a lovely box and has a cute journal.


Here is a comparison of 3 18" dolls;
Samantha, an American Girl doll; Jenna; and Elsie Dinsmore, a Life of Faith doll.


Here is the lovely Maplelea box.
I traded my Jenna to Sarah Jean when I got interested in Bleuette dolls in 2010. Now I wish I had kept Jenna!
By Loretta Houben

No comments: