Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Mary Ellen's new chesterfield!


Mary Ellen is thrilled and delighted to have a new chesterfield! Best of all, it's a hide-a-bed! She can now have friends over for a sleep over. I purchased this on sale online from my local Chapter's store. It wasn't on sale in the store. That's where online shopping is a plus! I picked it up in the store though. I just love this chesterfield!
In the 1950's that was what a couch/sofa was called in Canada.


I also have Mary Ellen's corner table with a light up lamp, poodle dog ornament, newspaper and TV guide. Robert gave me the TV and record console 2 years ago at Christmas. I just love these things. I grew up in the 60's and 70's but we had a green couch very similar to this, which opened up to sleep 2 people. My sister Leona and I would often sleep on it when guests came. The guests would sleep in our beds!


Mary Ellen also has 2 pillows, a fancy ripple afghan, and an autograph hound. My Mom crocheted a ripple afghan in the 1970's when they became all the rage again. 


Mary Ellen is pleased that her two friends are sound asleep in the comfortable hide-a-bed. This is a really neat prop. I just love it.

By Loretta Houben

1 comment:

sheri said...

How adorable! What a great mid-century modern display. Love it all and how cute is that little poodle!