Friday, September 23, 2016

How to make socks for Chatty Cathy.


Back in 2013 a friend posted pictures of how to make a pair of socks for the Chatty Cathy doll. I can't remember her name! But I saved the pictures and thought I should post them here so I can find them again, as my files are getting way too large.
First purchase a pair of adult size socks. This will make 4 pairs of doll size!


Cut the socks in half, cutting out the heel.


Take one of the tops and cut in half. Each piece will be a sock.


Fold each piece in half to the desired length. Cut the toe area in a rounded shape.


Sew close to the raw edges.


Turn the socks to the right side and put on your Chatty Cathy.
Repeat steps with all the other pieces. With the bottom toe pieces you will have to hem the top edge before you sew up the side raw edges.
These are NOT my photos. If I remember who took them, I'll add the name here. Aren't the socks CUTE?
Have fun!


1 comment:

Angela said...

Adorable! Doll socks are one of those items that seem to cost so much for something so simple, yet they are a necessity! I recently discovered how to make doll tights out of adult socks, using this same basic concept. I haven't tried making socks yet. This looks so easy!