Sunday, August 26, 2018

National Dog Day


Today is National Dog Day. I'm not sure if that applies to Canada too. Anyhow, here is my favourite dog, Kelsie, in 2003 posing with my dolls. She enjoyed everything I did, both inside and out. Where I went, she went. I began to collect Chatty Cathy dolls in earnest in 2002. I discovered the joy of buying online on eBay. This was a new concept to me, and I loved it. Back then shipping prices were quite reasonable. 


It always looked like Kelsie was smiling in photos. She was a very happy dog. I still really miss her. She died on March 17 of this year. She was 17 years old and she lived a really good life. I don't think I'll get a dog just yet to replace her, though. But a dog is a great thing to have. A dog makes you happy, and with Kelsie I would laugh a great deal each day.

A dog is a great friend. A dog will never let you down, like people can sometimes do. Here is Alika, my Hawaiian AG doll I purchased from Honolulu in 2014. She really likes her dog, Piki, which I got last year at the PNE.


No comments: