Friday, December 15, 2017

Original Chatty Cathy PJs and hand sewn nightie.


In 2004, I discovered the joy of sewing for Chatty Cathy. I bought vintage patterns on eBay, and developed my own style.
Here is a cute nightie and mob cap for Chatty.


This is Chatty wearing a vintage PJ outfit with cap and slippers, made by Mattel in the 1960's. You can find them for a reasonable price on eBay.


The bunk bed set belonged to my sister Leona and I. I think we got it for Christmas in 1969, as the next year my Mom crocheted a bedspread for my bunk bed while she was in hospital after Marie was born. 


In 2004 I made a house for my Chatties on the windowseat in our bedroom. The dresser is a jewelry box, and the little lamp was from Ikea. 


Things have changed in 13 years, so I no longer have this displayed. I took the photos using our 1.5  megapixel camera. It has very low resolution compared to today's cell phone cameras!


Although so much has changed in such a short period of time, my love for dolls will never change. I still set up scenes and take photos, but in 2018 I would like to do it much more often, as my dolls are feeling a bit neglected.

Good night!

By Loretta Houben

No comments: