Friday, August 31, 2018

Doll buggies....


I thought I had scanned this photo from 1999 into my computer, but I couldn't find it, so I took a cell phone shot of it. I have so many photos I don't think I'll ever get caught up! I love this one of little Ashley posing with her maternal Grandma's childhood doll buggy. I should have also had her pose with mine! Ashley is wearing a white dress I wore when I was young.


Here is my smallest doll buggy.
I don't remember where I bought it.
I made the little doll from a kit. Marlene also made one at the same time. I don't know if she kept it or not. It was from a doll business in Toronto, ON.


Here is the little doll close up. I had fun making the clothes.


Here is a photo of my Mom's doll buggy, taken in the house I grew up in, shortly before my parents moved in March 1998. That was 20 years ago this year and I find it difficult to believe! Mom gave me the buggy when she moved. I just love it.


This is my doll buggy, pale blue in colour, which I got for Christmas when I was 5. I loved it so much. I had a blue diaper bag too. 


My parents spoiled us the best they knew how, and not with too much. My childhood was just right, and I wouldn't trade it for anything! My Mom decorated our buggies for a Sport's Day parade at Sir Wilfred Grenfell School. We just loved it! I'm wearing my Mom's going away hat she wore on her honeymoon in 1955! I think she did a great job of decorating with coloured Kleenex!

By Loretta Houben


No comments: