Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Target store in Burnaby BC, and Our Generation brand.


It was only 3 years ago on November 20, 2013 that Target Stores opened in Canada. This is my local one at Metrotown in Burnaby BC. Long ago in the 1990's it was Woodward's, a Canadian store which went bankrupt in 1993. I still miss that store!
Afterwards, Zeller's was in this spot, until it closed in March 2013. 
Zeller's was a good store until the last five years, when it went downhill with cheap goods. But I still miss it! 


I hurried to Target on this day, but there weren't any crowds. I was never very fond of their fashions or their prices although many others were, including my sister in the USA. But the Target stores in America are quite different from what we got, as everyone soon discovered.
The above photos were taken by myself showing the red balls (which are still there) and the new doors and new facade. 


I never ever expected Target to close all 133 stores in Canada in less than two years! It was a total shock. But one of my mottoes in life is: enjoy each day and live it to the full! So every time I visited Metrotown, I'd go and look at the toy section, especially the Our Generation dolls. On Nov 20/13 I bought Sienna, a travel set and a dog. I'm glad I did. Little did I know my time was limited.


I think Sienna is very pretty. She has lovely brunette hair and brown eyes. The travel set is very cute indeed. 
I didn't really have a chance to purchase many other OG items as my doll funds were rather limited during the short time Target was here. But I enjoyed what I did get, and now it seems like some hazy dream that I once walked the aisles of Target. The huge store sits completely empty now. What a waste!
By Loretta Houben

No comments: