Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Collecting Chatty Cathy dolls...and using them in scenes.



2004 was the year I began sewing for Chatty Cathy. 2003 was the year I began collecting her. I discovered vintage CC's on eBay and was thrilled. Interestingly, each Chatty doll is different; no two seem to be alike! So I have many of them in my closets and rooms. The one in these photos is a simple prototype with blue eyes and blond hair. I made her a Pilgrim outfit as my Mom is American, so I'm actually dual but never took out citizenship as I wish to remain 100% Canadian. I used a filter for the second shot so it looks vintage.


 This was the first time I used Chatty Cathy in a scene!
Our Canadian Thanksgiving Day is the second Monday in October, so that's only two weeks from now.
Every Pilgrim outfit which I ever made I sold, so I still don't own one for myself.
By Loretta Houben

No comments: