Saturday, October 1, 2016

Our Generation at The Bay


Ah, the fun of discovering a whole new toy section you didn't even know existed! After shopping in New Westminster briefly today, I decided to stay on the Skytrain and I went downtown to Vancouver in order to see the beautiful fall scenery along the way. I got off at Granville Station and headed through The Bay.


The lower floor had CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS already put up. I think this is simply ridiculous, as summer was one week ago.
So I ignored that section, and headed to the escalator but noticed that the Christmas display was cut in half from other years. In the other half was a gigantic toy display. I could see 18" dolls in the far distance so headed there. I was astonished to see a huge collection of Our Generation dolls, clothes and accessories, including horses, the diner, the camper and car, the ice cream truck and the kitchen set! Just amazing. I took lots of photos. 


I think the above sets is one of the cutest ever. It's a gardening set with a wheel barrow and gardening tools. I may have to go back and get it! It was $34.99 Cdn.


I did buy this set; the garden party.
I can't help it; I love parties and food and lemonade!
It was $24.99 Cdn and there were only 2 sets left.


I really liked this doll. Her name is June.
She is $39.99 Cdn, a much cheaper price than $154 for an American Girl doll, which is what I paid for Addy in April!
I'm quite pleased I found this today.
Of course, one can never be too sure how long it will last...
By Loretta Houben

2 comments:

Heather from PennilessCaucasianRubbish Dolls Blog said...

How fun! I love OG stuff too! Great blog! I've been reading through your older posts. 😀

Loretta said...

Thank you Heather! I appreciate it. I do enjoy blogging and have other blogs mainly for family and family history.