Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Celebrating the British Royal Wedding on May 19th, 2018!


May 19th, 2018 was an exciting day.
Prince Harry, Lady Diana's youngest son, was married to an American actress; Meghan Markle.
She is divorced so I hope their wedding will last for 70 years like Prince Harry's grandparents.
I made some special items for a doll tea, which I set up on the window seat in the living room. I used Samantha's table and chair set. I placed a paper doily on the table as I couldn't locate the tablecloth!


Alika was so excited to be chosen.
(due to her darker skin colour)
The tea sets don't match, but apparently that's the in thing!


The paper items which I printed came from this blog. They turned out so cute! I simply downsized them for the dolls.


I used my miniature teapot with the Queen's photo on it, which celebrated her 50th coronation event. It's the only Royal thing I had!



I made a fascinator hat for Nanea.
She was thrilled. 


I used part of a ribbon holder which had broken off, for the base; a round cardboard circle! I glued an oval shaped netting piece under the lace, and glued flowers and a lace butterfly on top. It was very easy to do.


I used a bobby pin to attach it to Nanea's hair.





What do you think of my background full of ancestor's photos? I finally put them up last year when a cousin from Australia came for a visit; I love to see them each day.


It was a very special event. I got up at 3 am to watch the wedding. Did you?

By Loretta Houben

No comments: