Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A 20% off sale at American Girl boutique!


Yesterday, Monday November 21st, 2016 was a very exciting day!
I'd gotten up on time and was reading my emails with my hot cup of tea.
I was astonished to read one from Indigo store downtown; it said there was a rare one day sale on American Girl items (except for the Wellie Wishers dolls) for 20% off the whole store! 


I hurriedly got ready and headed downtown by Skytrain then bus to the corner of Broadway and Granville. What I find amusing is that previously to this store being built, there was an Aristocrat Restaurant where my Grandpa, John Williams, was once the janitor. Every time I come here I think of him.
Anyhow, I hurried up the elevator with my handy cart, and quickly picked out Melody. She is the new 1964 historical doll, and I wasn't sure if I'd get her or not, but for only $111 instead of $139 I figured I should! I had paid $154 for Addy back in the Spring, due to the fluctuating Canadian dollar, so I thought this was a terrific price. I have all the other historical dolls, and I now have 16 AG dolls!


Here she is on my table!
I completely forgot to take a picture of myself with her in the store.
There were quite a few people there, and it was busy and the store is quite small, so I didn't linger. I really like Melody's style, and her cute dress. It's rather skimpy compared to some of the gorgeous 1700's and 1800's outfits on previous historical dolls! But that was the 1960's! Melody's hair has a very strange texture. I need to brush it to make it curl more. It was in a hair net.


I bought her Christmas outfit; it came with long tights, black shoes, and a cream hair ribbon. It reminds me so much of a pink lace dress I had but with short sleeves, in the 60's. It feels really weird to have a doll from the era in which I was a young girl.
It was a fun day for sure!
The sun was shining and there was a pretty blue sky.
That's become a rare sight here in Vancouver. It rained for 28 days in October, and guess what it's doing in November?
But I can have fun playing with dolls!
By Loretta Houben

No comments: