Thursday, June 8, 2017

Mini Grace visits Europe!


Mini Grace was the lucky one chosen to come along with me when I recently paid a visit to Europe from May 17 - June 2, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.
It's a little difficult getting a mini doll to come out clear in photos, because you really need 3 hands! So hubby often helped. The pic above shows Grace in the evening on May 25 in a lane we walked down after supper in Oxford. I really wish we had stayed more than one night here, as by the time we came from Dublin on a 2 hour ferry, and then all the way to Oxford by train, it was 4 pm! It was very warm that evening.


One of the highlights of Paris was visiting the Musee de la Poupee down a quiet back lane in the middle of the bustling city. It felt very calm and safe there. It was enjoyable. It cost 8 euros each; not bad. All the 4 rooms of doll displays were very lovely. The museum will be permanently closing on Sept 15, 2017, so I'm glad we got to see it.


We checked out the beautiful but too expensive Layfeyette Galleries in Paris. Grace remembered to wear her Paris dress.


Here is Grace on a bicycle just her size in a very nice shop in Maastricht, Netherlands. Grace does get around!
I'll upload more photos in another post.

By Loretta Houben


2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, a trip to Europe! How very exciting. I look forward to hearing about more adventures and seeing more photos, especially with Grace! I took a small doll along on our last anniversary trip to Disneyland, and by the end of our vacation, my husband was totally embracing the fact that we had another "person" with us!

Loretta said...

Tee hee...another "person"! I did this in 2007 when we went to Europe for our 25th anniversary; that time I took mini Kit. It's rather hard to get good photos with a mini doll, esp using an iPhone! But I got a few. Plus sometimes I simply forgot to take her out of my bag.