Sunday, July 9, 2017

New swimsuit for Ruby!

Yesterday while my hubby was in the valley river rafting with our son and his friends, I decided to do something I haven't done yet this year; sew for the 18" dolls.
Ruby, my Asian Newberry doll, hasn't had anything new in a long time. 
I have a few Canadian pattern socks and I saw a cute idea on Pinterest, making a swimsuit out of one. So I cut off the heel and hemmed up the bottom, and sewed a seam in between for the legs, and measured a few times to get the ties at the top the right size.
Ruby is quite pleased, and I think she looks really cute. The sock is a little tight to get on and off, but not bad.

By Loretta Houben


Angela said...

How cute! Looks like an easy, fun project...the best kind!

Loretta said...

Thank you, Angela! It was super easy. Yes, the best kind. I'm trying to get back into the swing of sewing. I'm still scared of my new sewing machine. I need to take a lesson or two on it. lol