Sunday, January 1, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017!


My first post of 2017!
Here is Mary Ellen in the new snow we had yesterday, photo taken today.
It was the 7th time it snowed in December!
This is very unusual for us. The last time we had so much snow was in 2008.
We had a very quiet New Year's Eve. I went outside bundled up at midnight and banged a pot and shouted "Happy New Year" while Kelsie, our Jack Russel Terrier, barked a lot.
She loves New Year's Eve. I also popped confetti all over the snow.


I tried to get a picture of the blizzard yesterday but it's a little tricky when you can't really get the dolls wet. I made the hat from a pattern found online; I downsized it for 18" doll size heads.


Here are some of my mini dolls, posing with even tinier hats.
It was fun to make them. The sign is from a necklace cut from one bought at Dollarama.


I hope the New Year is a fun time to play with the dolls you already have!
That's what I tried to do last year, and it worked out very well.
Of course, a few new dolls somehow crept into the ranks, including little Lea.
I won't be buying the new GOTY as I don't care for her costume or her story.
I didn't buy the 18" Lea either. But Addy and Melody both came to live here in 2016, and I really like them.

By Loretta Houben

No comments: