Saturday, January 21, 2017

My new dolls in 2017!


It's only January 21 but so far I've purchased 3 dolls this year. I couldn't help it. Today I was at Sears at Metrotown in Burnaby and I noticed a 60% off sign way in the distance on a group of dolls. Normally I don't go to the 2nd floor at Sears but I was looking for something else, so I'm glad I did go. The above doll named Allie was marked down from $29.99 to only $11.99! Her outfit alone is worth that amount. She is very cute and I love the Newberry quality.


I couldn't decide between these 2 dolls so I bought both. This one came with a soccer net, ball, water bottle, jacket and her outfit plus her soccer shoes for only $19.99, marked down from $49.99! She looks very pretty but I haven't taken her out of the box yet.


I bought this cute doll when I was downtown the other day, at Winner's. She was $16.95 and she is 7 3/4" tall. Apparently these dolls, made by Madame Alexander, are no longer made. I think she is very cute, but it looked like her knees and arms could bend and they can't. Nothing budged when I tried, so that's a disappointment.


I'm still having fun playing with my mini dolls, and thought I'd show the gingerbread houses I made out of paper. If you Google mini food items it's amazing what will pop up! I did this around Christmas time, but didn't take a photo until now.


The little heart cake was bought for $3.99 C at Michael's using a 40% off coupon. It was in the miniature section.


Our snow is nearly all melted, and today it was 10 C so spring feels like it's just around the corner!
By Loretta Houben

3 comments:

Heather from PennilessCaucasianRubbish Dolls Blog said...

Love all the dolls! The Newberry dolls are some of my favorite type but they have a different name here I think. Great deal!

Loretta said...

Thank you, Heather, for dropping by and leaving a comment. The dolls are lovely. So is the price!!!!

Angela said...

I have the little MA Russian doll too, but the knees bend on mine! Also the arms rotate up and out at the shoulders. Are you sure yours isn't just a bit stiff and maybe locked into place? Does she have the jointed knees? If so, then she should bend! I recently found the Italy one at a thrift store, and her knees bend, too.