Monday, January 9, 2017

Slumber party and a Valentine's Party.


I began collecting vintage Chatty Cathy dolls in 2003, and in 2004 I began to collect props for them. The addiction hasn't slowed down! Above I used a jewelry box for a chest of drawers, an Ikea lamp, and a darling bunk bed which was a Christmas gift in 1970. My sister Leona and I shared the bed and had many hours of fun. The Chatty dolls fit if they don't really lay down. Chatty baby fits fine. I made the nightgown and hat, and the other clothes are vintage 1960's.


This was the first time I decorated for Valentine's Day. I've always set up the doll scenes on my bedroom windowsill. At the moment it's way too crowded and needs to be weeded out again. The table above was purchased at Michael's craft store. I made the red doily which serves as a rug. The stove is vintage from the late 1950's. A friend of the family gave it to us years ago.
It's a lot of fun setting up the dolls and re-arranging them!

By Loretta Houben

No comments: