Friday, January 5, 2018

Flashback from 2004....


I'm slowly going through my older doll photos, and putting them in date order. This will take some time, but it's also quite fun, although tedious!
In 2004 we had a lot of snow, and I'd begun to collect Chatty Cathy dolls in 2002, so I decided to create scenes with props.


 This is a tedious process and requires much patience.
But it's also therapeutic and rewarding!
I used a brown eyed, brunette vintage CC and a brunette pigtail CC, wearing vintage red velvet coats by Mattel, and one has a vintage hat. 


 Another fun thing is to put the photos in a collage.


 Of course, being dolls, accidents will happen!


 Oops!


 I like to use props I already have, too.


 Aren't they adorable?
I hope you're having fun in the winter cold!
The news sounds grim from the East coast. I pity those poor people. We had a little snow this winter, but nothing like 2016 and 2017, from Dec to April. Stay warm!

By Loretta Houben

3 comments:

Frann said...

Photos are beautiful and never tedious.I really enjoy your warm-hearted doll stories. When I was very depressed, dolls and making something for them was my therapy. Dolls have given me chaces to meet friends around the world. Thank you for happy photos.

Simply Shelley said...

Fun and beautiful photos 😇☕❤

Loretta said...

Aw, thank you so much, Frann and Shelley; I'm so glad you dropped by and read this post! I love my dolls as you know. I'm glad you both are dolly lovers too!