Thursday, January 11, 2018

My sewing room desk.


I finally did it!
It took me one year.
I'm not a speedy person.
I worked on this for a long time, as what is here is what I'm keeping for a while.
This maple wood desk and hutch was bought for our son Matthew when he was young, and he used it for school, and for his crafts. He moved out in 2008, which will be 10 years ago this fall.
At first I thought I'd sell it, but then realized the wood was beautiful, and the pieces are made in Canada. So to replace it would be foolish.
I put a few of my favourite American Girl dolls on top.
Ruthie, Isabelle, Josephina, and Tenney, along with a doll plate and a vintage dolly picture. This is to keep me inspired.



Here is a closeup of my sewing books and magazines, plus my Shutterfly photo books. On the left are my doll books. These are books I enjoy and use over and over again.


The Dollarama bins were $1.25 Cdn each, and hold all my patterns. They used to be in drawers and I found that too hard to access.


I'm so pleased with the result.
Now for the rest of the room!
I need to attack that fabric!

By Loretta Houben

2 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Looks very nice. I have an antique sewing machine I intend to set in a sunny window and learn to sew 😊
Yes, I am old as the hills and can't sew but very simple things. Pillows and what not. I would love to sew dresses for my dolls. Maybe someday I shall. Blessings dear friend ☕

Loretta said...

Hello Shelley! Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. I didn't see it until today (Jan 30). Unless I read through my postings, I never know if anyone has commented which is very odd. I love to get comments! It's easy to sew. Just begin practicing using straight seams, then try corners. Use an old pillow case or any large scrap of fabric. Have fun!