Thursday, January 4, 2018

Meeting Luciana Vega, the 2018 GOTY.


On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 I went downtown with my sister Leona, to Broadway and Granville AG boutique, and checked out the Luciana Vega GOTY of the year, and her amazing space habitat. I only know it was designed by NASA; I don't know the story. And I know it's all about Mars. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be on Mars or not!


I think the space habitat is fascinating!
When I was in Grade One back in 1966, all the rage at the time was space exploration. I myself dearly wished to fly in a rocket to Mars, thanks to Miss Pickerell. (children's book in the 60's)


I wouldn't purchase this set, as it's huge, but it sure looks interesting.


Here is another view of the space habitat.
It's Very Expensive at $439 Cdn, plus tax!
I'd personally rather have the blue Volkswagon that was around a few years ago. 


I won't be getting Luciana, as she has purple streaks in her hair. I'm not sure why, except maybe it's a modern look. ?? I'm not modern at all! But I don't care for strange hair colours or tattoos. It's just how I am...


I loved the wall displays, and Luciana's box.



These two items came home with me.
Robert gave me a gift card for Christmas, so I chose the Luciana NASA souvenir box, and a Glitter Girls outfit as it fits the Wellie Wisher doll.


Here is the box opened.


I think this is adorable, and a great deal for only $25 Cdn if you can't afford the rest of the set.

By Loretta Houben

2 comments:

Angela said...

While I think Luciana is a pretty doll, I have no desire to own her. (I don't care for tattoos or hair streaks, either!) I really think AG is missing the mark in the direction it is heading with the products it keeps putting out--I mean seriously...how many parents can afford to buy that space station for their children?!? And where on earth would most people put it? I really wish AG would go back to concentrating on the historical dolls and providing quality accessories for them like they did back when they were still run by Pleasant Rowland. They were a special toy then. And while still on the expensive side, they were a much higher quality than what is being offered now. 'Sigh'. I really do love American Girl, but the original concept is what I think made them so wonderful.

Loretta said...

Angela, I agree with you entirely. I heard that Mattel is really suffering as children turn away from playing with traditional toys, and turn more and more to electronic gadgets. So Mattel is trying to lure the modern girl into becoming more interested in their idea of fun toys. I don't know if it will work or not. I much prefer the historical dolls too. Thanks for dropping by with your input!