Wednesday, January 17, 2018

What I bought on this dreary hump day...


Isn't this delightful?
It's Mary Ellen's living room set, not at all cheap.
But I don't trust American Girl company at all, so I decided to splurge and get this today, using the remaining balance of Robert's Christmas gift card. I'm always wary that I might lose the card! Well, now it's gone. 


Leona and I visited the AG store 2 weeks ago, and she said she would definitely buy all the items for one decade, such as Mary Ellen, as she loved completed collections. I thought that was a terrific idea. The set was very expensive. $74 Cdn! It includes a very well made plastic table, known as a boomerang table, with the most adorable lamp which lights up; a tiny poodle ornament, a copy of an April 1955 TV guide, and a 1955 newspaper. That was the year my parents were married in Sept.
It reminds me of the Mad Men series.


I also bought a cute Glitter Girls outfit for $14.99 Cdn, which includes a top, skirt, shoes and socks.




My Wellie Wishers doll love it!
She now has a total of 3 outfits to her name.
The sandals don't close properly, though.


She really likes Mary Ellen's table too. It's such fun to visit the AG boutique. There wasn't a living soul in it when I was there. It's 3 blocks from my chiropractor, so I make sure I always stop in after an appointment!

By Loretta Houben

No comments: